Tuesday, December 22, 2015

He Died After His Random Act Of Kindness, But What He Did Inspired The Whole World

No matter how chaotic our world is, there will always be rays of lights that can halt even the engulfing darkness of hate and anger — through simple act of kindness.
29-year-old Canadian Jamie-Lynne Knighten, a mom of two, was lucky to experience such random act of kindness from a complete stranger, named Matthew Jackson, 28. But in an unfortunate turn of events, Jaime-Lynne will never have a chance to thank him personally.
Jamie and Matthew’s unforgettable brief meeting happened when she was about to pay her groceries but forgot her debit card.
11745406_10153017662008779_7221802614417404970_nPhoto: Jamie-Lynne Knighten
She tried to use her credit card but failed because her card had an anti-fraud lock due to her constant travelling and forgot to notify the bank.
Jamie said, “A gentleman behind me quietly says ‘May I?'”
“I’m overwhelmed and didn’t think I heard him correctly so he repeats ‘May I? May I take care of your groceries?’
“I stutter and say ‘Oh, thank you how sweet, but no thank you, you don’t have to do that’.
“So he calmly repeats himself again.  This time I look at him and he says ‘ I would be glad to take care of your groceries as long as you promise to do it for someone else ‘ and I came to realize how much it would mean to him if I humbly accepted. So I did.”
Mathew paid over $200 and she thanked him through her tears, asked his name and where he worked, and then had to leave.
12243205_10153737665113210_3557943359717162854_nPhoto: Facebook/LeeAnn Johnson Krymow
Jamie-Lynne tried to call Mathew after finding out his name and the gym where he worked. But was shattered to find that Matthew Jackson died in a car accident just hours after he came to her rescue at the grocery store.
Knighten said, “This past week has been a whirlwind with family so yesterday while the babies were asleep I finally had the chance to call his boss. I wanted to let him know how incredible of an employee he has and to find out if I could get his last name to send him a thank you card and small gift. I hear crying on the other end of the line and my heart sinks. I just knew something was wrong. His boss quietly informs me that this incredible human being was in a tragic car accident the very next night and passed away. Not even 24 hours after meeting him. Gone. Just like that. How? Why? I don’t understand.”
She also found out that Matthew Jackson was a year younger than her, engaged, and was an “amazing young man” at work.
kind-stranger-pay-it-forward-3Photo: Matthew’s Legacy
Jaime wrote a heartfelt Facebook post stating, “I still cannot believe it. I thought for sure I would get the chance to see him again, give him a hug and thank him at least once more in person. Now I won’t get that chance, but more importantly no one else will get the chance to meet him. And that breaks my heart.”
“May you rest in peace Matthew. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. I truly hope they know how well they raised you and what impact you’ve had on this world.”
“Live every day to it’s fullest. Do kind things for people. Love with every fiber of your being. Help whenever help is needed. Restore others’ faith in humanity during this very difficult time in the world.”

Watch this report:

 

Sources: USA Today, Elite Readers
In memory of Matthew’s loving heart and generosity, Jamie created a Facebook Page “Matthew’s Legacy”, which inspires people “to do good deeds for strangers.”
The inspired woman said, “To see Matthew’s legacy spread, something that I want my kids to be aware of. I want them to recognize that they can actively participate in making a positive change in the world like he did.”
And “how do we change the world?”
“By doing one random act of kindness at a time!”
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Tags :

Related : He Died After His Random Act Of Kindness, But What He Did Inspired The Whole World